In Level 1, you’ll uncover the complex intersection of Applied Behavior Analysis, Learning Styles & Systems in Education and Exercise Sciences, that together forms the underlying functional framework of Autism Fitness. You’ll explore Autism – the medical history, symptoms, and evidence based strategies to overcome known developmental deficits, plus unique ways to adapt fitness programming to meet these unique needs.
There is no other training like this in the world and a must if you’re planning or already are bringing fitness programs to those with autism. Eric Chessen’s Autism Fitness Certification is the culmination of Autism Fitness programming strategies tested, implemented, and refined over a decade.
Who is this for: Fitness Professionals, Behavior Therapists, Special Educators, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Totally Rad Parents, and other professionals working with the ASD population.
What should you expect: Two full days of conceptual and hands-on learning with Autism Fitness Founder Eric Chessen, M.S. Through a blend of online and live education you will learn how to develop outstanding, effective fitness programs for any individual with autism.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Why Fitness is Essential for the ASD Population
- Common Physical and Motor Deficits
- Understand Physical, Adaptive & Cognitive Abilities
- Assessment via the PAC Profile
- Program Development for Individuals and Groups
- Goal Setting in each of the 3 Areas of Development
- Positive Behavior Support
- Progressions and Regressions of Exercise
- The Autism Fitness Toolbox ($299 value)
- The Autism Fitness Guidebook
- PAC Profile & Assessment Tools
- Exam & Certificates of Completion
- Post Certification Support
- Access: Certified Professional Facebook Group
- Certified Professional Listing
- Marketing Support & Materials
- Mentorship Program Pre-qualification
- Discounted Equipment Package ($130+ savings)
- Download the Course Syllabus
The exam has two parts; multiple choice and a short answer exam + video submission section. Part II (short answer/video) consists of video review and feedback on programming and behavior strategies. The video submissions require demonstration of programming, positive behavior support, and coaching/cuing. The participant can use any partner they choose as an athlete for the video demonstration. Exam takers are given two chances to pass part II (if a video submission does not meet criteria, notes are provided by me or another exam grader) and the participant has 1 week to re-submit. Should they not pass after the 2nd video, there is a $120USD fee for re-taking and we set up a Zoom or Skype call to review the skills/concepts that need to be addressed.